Tuesday: Cornerstone: Church Road, Hove, East Sussex BN32FL
Thursday: Revitalise: 123a Western Road, Hove, East Sussex BN31DB
“Sarah provides a wonderful holistic and accessible approach to yoga!” Celia, Hove.
Soul Soothing Yoga; uplifting Yoga & Relaxation sessions running two evenings/at two venues each week, focusing on re-harmonising the Chakras (the body’s energy centres)
Would you like to journey into the Heart of Yoga, to experience and learn about the subtle energies and their effects on our health and wellbeing and how you can work with your energy centres to enhance your quality of life? During each course block (usually a five week program) I focus on an individual Chakra Centre, demonstrating and teaching Yoga asanas, Pranayama (breathing practices), Mudras (hand gestures), Mantras (sound repetition) and Dru Yoga sequences which support that particular energy centre. I also weave in some of Sage Patanjali’s Yoga Sutras (the Yamas; our relationship with others/society and the Niyamas; our relationship with ourselves).
We’re coming towards the end of the 2018 Chakra Journey, having worked on strengthening and rebalancing the Root Chakra (Mooladhara) at the beginning of the year to ground our roots into the earth and harness the qualities of security, courage, connection and radiance, then we moved onto the second Chakra (Swadhisthana) connecting us to our emotional, creative and sensual energies, followed by the Solar Plexus Chakra (Manipura), the centre of dynamism for willpower, vitality, self-confidence and determination. After re-tuning/awakening the Heart (Anahata) Chakra, the centre of love in all its many forms, we dived into Vishuddhi Chakra, the throat chakra, the centre of creative expression, our voice in the world and the seat of positive transformation, practicing Yoga techniques, sequences and poses to stimulate creativity, truth, authenticity and harmony in our communications.
BOOK YOUR PLACE at the next five-week Chakra course, focusing on the Highest Centre, Sahasrara; the Crown Chakra, to explore a sense of ‘Wholeness’, ‘One-ness’ and bliss.
Tuesday 25 September @ Cornerstone Centre ; 7pm till 8.15pm;
Thursday 27 September @ Revitalise, Hove; 7.30pm till 8.45pm
Tuesday 2 October @ Cornerstone Centre ; 7pm till 8.15pm;
Thursday 4 October @ Revitalise, Hove; 7.30pm till 8.45pm;
Tuesday 9 October @ Cornerstone Centre ; 7pm till 8.15pm;
Thursday 11 October @ Revitalise, Hove; 7.30pm till 8.45pm;
Tuesday 16 October @ Cornerstone Centre ; 7pm till 8.15pm;
Thursday 18 October @ Revitalise, Hove; 7.30pm till 8.45pm;
Tuesday 23 October @ Cornerstone Centre ; 7pm till 8.15pm;
Thursday 25 October @ Revitalise, Hove; 7.30pm till 8.45pm;
Here’s what to expect: Enter a calm, cleansed space (via the use of Sage) and allow tensions to melt away, as the breath becomes the bridge between the body/mind and the Spirit, and we focus on keeping body and mind strong and the Seven major Chakra centres in balance for great wellbeing.
Allow the mind to quieten, the emotions to calm, stretch the muscles and flow through Dru Yoga sequences, pranayama (breathing techniques), mudras, mantras and meditations to reveal vitality, radiance and subtle energy awareness.
ALL levels are welcome at these sessions, from beginner, to regularly practicing yogis as the pace is gentle, with an attitude of “less is more” and it’s an opportunity to journey into the roots and heart of Yoga.
Investment: Discounts are offered for prepayment on three, five or six sessions during the course dates. Drop in spaces are also available (please text to check availability then proceed to book). Course bookings are valid at either Tuesday/Thursday evenings within the course time-frame, the confirmed dates, see full T&C’s below). Book online here.
“I really enjoy the flow of Sarah’s evening class – relaxing and letting go at the beginning, followed by some dynamic movements and stretches and a deep relaxation to complete it all – just what I needed!” Kate S, artist, Hove.
Sarah is an official Move GB Partner, so get MOVING and join me at my classes! MoveGB members are regularly attending and are very welcome at my classes.
Notes for yoga students
- T&C’s: Course bookings for Tuesday or Thursday evening are non-refundable & non-transferable, except when/if I have to cancel a course/class, at which time I will give you as much notice as possible, and offer a refund or class in lieu. At the time of booking please state which course venue you are attending and provide as much notice as possible if you’d like to switch a session to the alternative evening/venue. Course bookings are confirmed upon receipt of payment. Course payments (5 week, 3/6 block) to be paid in advance of the first session attended and drop in classes are payable in cash or via bacs transfer on the same day.
- For health & safety purposes and in order to offer modifications and support in the sessions I will ask you to declare any injuries/issues that could affect your practice. This will soon be available to complete online.
- Please wear loose comfortable clothing (layering is best).
- Allow one to two hours after eating before practicing yoga.
- Mats, blocks and blankets are provided at the studios, but please bring your own to the outdoor yoga sessions (please text me beforehand if you need to borrow a mat).