Following the successful collaboration with Kefalonian Retreats, and a fantastic week in June 2017 with ten blissed-out Yogis, I’m thrilled to be returning this year, with a newly revised and enriched program, offering TWO holiday date options.
So come join me on the Greek Island of Kefalonia for a transformational holiday encompassing daily Yoga/Meditation/Relaxation, Creative Life Coaching, beach jaunts and island tours (we have our very own private/VIP coach driver!) on this beautiful Ionian Island in the Mediterranean – a holiday which is designed with the intention to soothe and uplift the soul, and potentially be the seed for lifestyle change, leading to enhanced, fulfilled living.
Our home for the week is ‘ Kefalonian Retreats’, a former family run Olive farmhouse surrounded by 40 acres of Olive groves, palms and flowers, in the tiny village of Platies on the west of the island, 20 minutes transfer from the island’s capital/airport. Be warmly greeted and expertly looked after by the Chioni family; daughter, Eleana, her parents and grandmother in this atmospheric third generation converted family homestay, which overlooks the ocean and the neighbouring island of Zakynthos.
daily Yoga sessions with me (at the retreat’s outdoor Yoga Shala or on nearby sandy beach), pre-sunset Relaxation and Mindfulness sessions at outstanding locations, being driven around the island to some of the island’s most revered beaches for R&R, to take in beautiful surroundings and sunsets, dine on healthy local cuisine (Eleana’s mother and grandmother make the most divine vegetarian dishes – and Walnut cake!) and we’ll visit some quaint and affordable cafes/restaurants on our evenings out.
The morning Yoga sessions are held outside, either at the retreat’s beautiful Yoga Shala surrounded by olive trees and colourful flowers, in their garden overlooking the Ocean or on a nearby sandy beach. Some afternoons we’ll enjoy a restorative practice with Yoga Nidra (guided deep relaxation) at selected beaches. One morning we’ll head up to the Peak of Mount Ainos for a Mindfulness session where the air so clear and pure and at this time, filled with the richest Prana (vital energy).I’ll be teaching a combination of potent, flowing Dru Yoga and traditional, restorative Hatha Yoga (see my About page for more info).
The family extend a very warm welcome to you and offer en-suite twin occupancy rooms which are comfortable and traditional in design, complete with a good-sized balcony (chairs and table) overlooking the ocean and Zakynthos (Zante). We’ll have full occupancy of the retreat. Some single occupancy and separate studio accommodation may be arranged at higher cost, please contact me to discus.Your kitchen will be stocked with delicious local produce so that you can self-cater/prepare a tasty brunch following our morning yoga session, including locally sourced fruit, salad and vegetables, avocado, cheese, yogurt, muesli, bread, olives, butter and honey, along with bottled water, milk, selection of teas and coffee. (At booking please specify any dietary preferences and allergy/intolerance so that we can cater for you).
This Yoga Holiday will suit you if: You’ve done some Yoga and would love to develop your practice;
You’re a complete beginner and you’re curious about the benefits of Yoga and would like the opportunity to dive in and learn more (the pace is fairly gentle and modifications and adaptions are offered, making it accessible for all levels);
You need to take a break from life challenges and stress, you’d like to reset the nervous system and undo tension in the mind and body, which is much easier to do in a stunning setting!;
You’re at a point in your life where you’re reconsidering your life values/priorities and you’d like to enjoy holiday that encourages reflecting on this in a supportive and friendly environment (group Life Coaching sessions are built into the week, run by me, a certified Life Coach – and Yoga teacher);
You’d like to meet some new people and form new friendships and connections;
You’d like to come with your partner/friend and spend some of the time doing your own thing (the program is available for you join in, and you’re also welcome to arrange separate things at your own expense if you wish – we’re very flexible and will aim to help you get the most from your holiday).
Seeing the island
Because the retreat is situated in a secluded village, the retreat hosts and I made the decision to organise the Yoga holiday with inclusive daily excursions so that guests get the opportunity to see the island and its natural beauty, however all activities are optional, so you can take a break from the day trip or Yoga at any time! We’ll visit some of the island’s most celebrated beaches to enjoy the therapeutic benefits of the crystal clear seawater (thalassotherapy), including cosmopolitan Antisamos (my personal favourite, and one of the film locations for the blockbuster, Captain Corelli’s Mandolin, featuring Nicholas Cage/Penelope Cruz), the beautiful sandy beaches at Lourdas, and Skala, the stunning picture-perfect village of Assos and the coves of Agia Efimia.
Mid week, there’s an optional boat cruise (an additional 40 Euros) from Skala to the bustling resort of Fiskardo, calling at Sami, where alfresco cafes frame a port filled with swish yachts and cruise boats (with an additional option to visit the underground cave-lake of Melissani, and Karavomylos), and swim-stops at the stunning beaches of Mini-Myrtos and Agia Sofia. Another afternoon we’ll visit the island’s Castle to meander around quaint streets, shops and cafes and get a flavour for Kefalonia’s culture and history. Our driver will also take us on an early-morning visit to the peak of Mount Ainos, where I’ll lead a mindful meditation in the peacefulness of the mountains, breathing in the pure, clear air and anchoring the tranquility of the moment. If you’d like to view a draft itinerary, please contact me and I’ll email this to you.
HOLIDAY DATES: Thursday 28 June to Thursday 5 July 2018 and
Tuesday 10 July to Tuesday 17 July 2018.
INVESTMENT: Full price: £899. The early bird price is: £845 paid in full on/before 28 March 2018 and on/before 10 April 2018 for the second holiday date. Places are limited so please contact me at your earliest to pay your deposit and secure your place – a non-refundable 50 percent deposit is required initially, and full payment is required by 28 March/10 April (early birds) or six weeks before the holiday on/before: 15 May for the first holiday date, or 29 May 2018 for the second holiday date. Please contact me for ways to pay.
• Seven nights stay at Kefalonia Retreats in Twin-Share self-catering accommodation;
• Six outdoor morning Yoga sessions (of 75 minute duration) held at the retreat’s Yoga Shala surrounded by olive trees and flowers, on the lawns overlooking the ocean, or on a tranquil sandy beach;
• One Welcome/arrival Yoga evening session at the retreat’s Yoga Shala;
• One early morning Mindfulness/Meditation session at the Mountain Peak;
• Two Mindfulness/Meditation/Guided Relaxation sessions, held outdoors at beach location or on Retreat;
• Private VIP bus providing the group with daily island excursions on a pre-arranged, tried and tested itinerary (created by myself and Eleana) encompassing some of the island’s most celebrated and beautiful beaches, a visit to the castle and cultural area, an early morning drive up into the Mountains for Mindfulness and more – so no need to hire a car;
• Self-catering Breakfast; your fridge/kitchen will be stocked with delicious locally-sourced and some home-cooked foods from the BBQ too;
• Two evening BBQ/dinners on retreat (Welcome / Farewell BBQ);
• Afternoon Tea & Cake on Retreat, (after our early-morning Mountain Meditation/mid-morning beach trip);
• Group Life Coaching sessions – one at the beginning of the holiday, and one towards the end, (after our early-morning Mountain Meditation/mid-morning beach trip);
• Transfers to/from airport, please see the recommended flights/times below;
• Yoga mats are provided, feel free to bring your own;
• Beach towels are provided;
• Free Wifi in rooms/on retreat.
• Air-conditioning in rooms.
What’s not included:
• Flights –you are responsible for your flights to the retreat, see suggested flight details below;
• Travel insurance, you’re advised to take out personal travel insurance for this trip;
• Group dinners/refreshments (on afternoon excursions/evenings) other than s/c food available at retreat;
• Optional Massage/Reflexology Therapy on retreat (50 euros)
• Optional island boat trip (approximately 40 euros) which leaves from Skala beach and takes a very scenic tour of the coastline including swim stops at stunning covers and lunch at Fiskardo.
A few airlines fly the route from London to Kefalonia, including EasyJet, Ryanair, Thomas Cook and Thomson. We recommend the following flights and the following comparison sites for the best deals: momondo.co.uk
Thursday 28 June 2018: Easyjet from Gatwick 0745, arriving kefalonia 1320; and
Thursday 5 July 2018: Easyjet from Kefalonia 1410, arriving Gatwick 1540.
Tuesday 10 July 2018: Easyjet from Gatwick 0745, arriving kefalonia 1320; and
Tuesday 17 July 2018: Easyjet from Kefalonia 1410, arriving Gatwick 1540.
Please advise if you wish/need to fly from a different airport/airline, we will arrange a transfer to/from the retreat for you. Please note that if flying at different timings to the suggested ones above, individual transfers to/from the retreat will cost an additional 50 Euros (each way).
Myself, Eleana and her family look forward to welcoming you on the holiday!