Come join me on the Greek Island of Kefalonia for a blissful holiday encompassing daily Yoga/Meditation/Relaxation, beach jaunts and island tours (we have our very own private coach driver!) on this beautiful Ionian Island in the Mediterranean – a holiday which is designed with the intention to soothe and uplift the soul, and potentially be the seed for lifestyle change, leading to enhanced, fulfilled living.
Our home for the week a a former family run Olive farmhouse surrounded by 40 acres of Olive groves, palms and flowers, in the tiny village on the west of the island, 20 minutes transfer from the island’s capital/airport, with peaceful views overlooking the ocean and the neighbouring island of Zakynthos.
daily Yoga sessions with me (at the retreat’s outdoor Yoga Shala or on nearby sandy beach), pre-sunset Relaxation and Mindfulness sessions at outstanding locations, being driven around the island to some of the island’s most revered beaches for R&R, to take in beautiful surroundings and sunsets, dine on healthy local cuisine as we visit some carefully handpicked cafes and restaurants on our evenings out.
The morning Yoga sessions are held outside, either at the retreat’s beautiful Yoga Shala surrounded by olive trees and colourful flowers, in their garden overlooking the Ocean or on a nearby sandy beach. Some afternoons we’ll enjoy a restorative practice with Yoga Nidra (guided deep relaxation) at selected beaches. One morning we’ll head up to the Peak of Mount Ainos for a Mindfulness session where the air so clear and pure and at this time, filled with the richest Prana (vital energy).I’ll be teaching a combination of potent, flowing Dru Yoga and traditional, restorative Hatha Yoga (see my About page for more info).
We extend a very warm welcome to you and offer en-suite twin occupancy rooms which are comfortable and traditional in design, complete with a good-sized balcony (chairs and table) overlooking the ocean and Zakynthos (Zante). We’ll have full occupancy of the retreat. Some single occupancy and separate studio accommodation may be arranged at higher cost, please contact me to discus.Your kitchen will be stocked with delicious local produce so that you can self-cater/prepare a tasty brunch following our morning yoga session, including locally sourced fruit, salad and vegetables, avocado, cheese,eggs, yogurt, muesli, bread, olives, butter and honey, along with bottled water, milk, selection of teas and coffee. (At booking please specify any dietary preferences and allergy/intolerance so that we can cater for you).
This Yoga Holiday will suit you if: You’ve done some Yoga and would love to develop your practice;
You’re a complete beginner and you’re curious about the benefits of Yoga and would like the opportunity to dive in and learn more (the pace is fairly gentle and modifications and adaptions are offered, making it accessible for all levels);
You need to take a break from life challenges and stress, you’d like to reset the nervous system and undo tension in the mind and body, which is much easier to do in a stunning setting!;
You’re at a point in your life where you’re reconsidering your life values/priorities and you’d like to enjoy a holiday that encourages reflecting on this in a supportive and friendly environment (I’ll be weaving some “Introduction to Conscious Life Coaching” elements into the holiday as Certified Life Coach/Yoga Teacher);
You’d like to meet some new people and form new friendships and connections;
You’d like to come with your partner/friend and spend some of the time doing your own thing (the program is available for you join in, and you’re also welcome to arrange separate things at your own expense if you wish – we’re very flexible and will aim to help you get the most from your holiday).
Seeing the island
Because the retreat is situated in a secluded village, the retreat hosts and I made the decision to organise the Yoga holiday with inclusive daily excursions so that guests get the opportunity to see the island and its natural beauty, however all activities are optional, so you can take a break from the day trip or Yoga at any time! We’ll visit some of the island’s most celebrated beaches to enjoy the therapeutic benefits of the crystal clear seawater (thalassotherapy), including cosmopolitan Antisamos (my personal favourite, and one of the film locations for the blockbuster, Captain Corelli’s Mandolin, featuring Nicholas Cage/Penelope Cruz), the beautiful sandy beaches at Lourdas, and Skala, the stunning picture-perfect village of Assos and the coves of Agia Efimia.
Mid week, there’s an optional boat cruise (an additional 40 Euros) from Skala to the bustling resort of Fiskardo, calling at Sami, where alfresco cafes frame a port filled with swish yachts and cruise boats (with an additional option to visit the underground cave-lake of Melissani, and Karavomylos), and swim-stops at the stunning beaches of Mini-Myrtos and Agia Sofia. Another afternoon we’ll visit the island’s Castle to meander around quaint streets, shops and cafes and get a flavour for Kefalonia’s culture and history. Our driver will also take us on an early-morning visit to the peak of Mount Ainos, where I’ll lead a mindful meditation in the peacefulness of the mountains, breathing in the pure, clear air and anchoring the tranquility of the moment. If you’d like to view a draft itinerary, please contact me and I’ll email this to you.
HOLIDAY DATES: Thursday 28 June to Thursday 5 July 2018
“I’m holding the peace and positivity in my heart, thank you Sarah”
“I absolutely loved my week here, it was so relaxed, fun, inspiring and a fantastic group to spend my time with, I’m re-booking in 2018 and really looking forward to returning!”
“Great mix of relaxation and beach time, and a fabulous destination”
“I had a wonderful time, the holiday was really well put together and catered to everyone’s needs, Sarah and the Chioni family looked after us all so well, thank you!”
INVESTMENT: Full price: £899. ONE TWIN-SHARE SPACE has been released at a “last-minute-bird” discount so hurry to grab the special discount and join us!A non-refundable 50 percent deposit is required along with the “Booking Fee” (50 percent balance) required six weeks before the holiday on/before: 17 May and full payment for bookings made thereafter is required. Please contact me for ways to pay.
• Seven nights stay at Kefalonia Retreats in Twin-Share self-catering accommodation;
• Six outdoor morning Yoga sessions (of 75 minute duration) held at the retreat’s Yoga Shala surrounded by olive trees and flowers, on the lawns overlooking the ocean, or on a tranquil sandy beach;
• One Welcome/arrival Yoga evening session at the retreat’s Yoga Shala;
• One early morning Mindfulness/Meditation session at the Mountain Peak;
• Two Mindfulness/Meditation/Guided Relaxation sessions, held outdoors at beach location or on Retreat;
• Private coach driver providing the group with daily island excursions on a pre-arranged, tried and tested itinerary (created by myself and Eleana) encompassing some of the island’s most celebrated and beautiful beaches, a visit to the castle and cultural area, an early morning drive up into the Mountains for Mindfulness and more – so no need to hire a car;
• Self-catering Breakfast; your fridge/kitchen will be stocked with delicious locally-sourced and some home-cooked foods from the BBQ too;
• Two evening BBQ/dinners on retreat (Welcome / Farewell BBQ);
• Afternoon Tea & Cake on Retreat, (after our early-morning Mountain Meditation/mid-morning beach trip);
• “Introduction to Conscious Life Coaching sessions;
• Transfers to/from airport, please see the recommended flights/times below;
• Yoga mats are provided, feel free to bring your own;
• Beach towels are provided;
• Free Wifi in rooms/on retreat.
• Air-conditioning in rooms.
What’s not included:
• Flights –you are responsible for your flights to the retreat, see suggested flight details below;
• Travel insurance, you’re advised to take out personal travel insurance for this trip;
• Group dinners/refreshments (on afternoon excursions/evenings) other than s/c food available at retreat;
• Optional Massage/Reflexology Therapy on retreat (50 euros)
• Optional island boat trip (approximately 40 euros) which leaves from Skala beach and takes a very scenic tour of the coastline including swim stops at stunning covers and lunch at Fiskardo.
A few airlines fly the route from London to Kefalonia, including EasyJet, Ryanair, Thomas Cook and Thomson. We recommend the following flights and the following comparison sites for the best deals: momondo.co.uk
Thursday 28 June 2018: Easyjet from Gatwick 0745, arriving kefalonia 1320; and
Thursday 5 July 2018: Easyjet from Kefalonia 1410, arriving Gatwick 1540.
If you take one of the other airlines arriving outside the official transfers, we can arrange a taxi to/from the retreat at approximately 50 Euros each way.